Today, Anthem announced that it will provide two years of credit monitoring and identity repair services to all current and former Blue Cross Blue Shield members who were affected by the data breach reported on February 5, 2015.
Anthem announced that affected members can visit AnthemFacts.com to learn how to enroll in these services, as early as Friday, February 13.
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina continues to work with Anthem and the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association to determine which BCBSNC members may have been affected by this data breach, Anthem will provide these services to any consumer who believes he or she may have been affected. Members who live in or received care in Anthem’s area are potentially affected. If you have any questions you may contact your account manager directly or contact us at 919-433-4782 or by email email@example.com. You may also call Anthem’s hotline at 877-263-7995 for more information.
The free identity protection services provided by Anthem include two years of:
- Identity Repair Assistance: Should a member experience fraud, an investigator will do the work to recover financial losses, restore the member’s credit, and ensure the member’s identity is returned to its proper condition. This assistance will cover any fraud that has occurred since the incident first began.
- Credit Monitoring: At no cost, members may also enroll in additional protections, including credit monitoring. Credit monitoring alerts consumers when banks and creditors use their identity to open new credit accounts.
- Child Identity Protection: Child-specific identity protection service swill also be offered to any members with children insured through their Anthem plan.
- Identity theft insurance: For individuals who enroll, the company has arranged for $1,000,000in identity theft insurance, where allowed by law.
- Identity theft monitoring/fraud detection: For members who enroll, data such as credit card numbers, social security numbers and emails will be scanned against aggregated data sources maintained by top security researchers that contain stolen and compromised individual data, in order to look for any indication that the members’ data has been compromised.
We will continue to monitor this closely and will provide you updates as quickly as possible.